Saturday, March 12, 2011

TwentyEight

Next stop - a Bedouin family home.







One of the tourists trying the hand-made stuff that the Bedouins are selling as souvenirs in the house



One of the Bedouin women stays at the back part of the house and does henna drawing on tourists' hands.
3 Omani Riyal for one hand!


CUTE ALERT!
A Bedouin kid on the roof!



Yeah, that's MY hand being henna-ed! ;)

I didn't see any TV in the Bedouin home but as I was leaving it, I saw a huge satelite outside! Hmmph!

Hamood, the tour guide, wanted to show us his camels.
So, we went across the desert to look for his camels!


One of my favorite pictures - As My Leica Captures The Desert

Finally, Hamood found his camels.
My lame memory can't even remember my TKC friends' (some of whom I spent 5 years with!) names, do you really think I would remember Hamood's camels' names?

Anyway, the baby camel was born 2 weeks prior to my visit to the desert!
THAT's how a two-week old camel looks like??? WHOA!!!



As soon as Hamood came out of the 4WD, he greeted his camel & LOOK!
The camel (which to me looks like a 'Hasana') came to kiss Hamood!


As we waved goodbye to 'Hasana' (ok, it might NOT be the camel's real name but she really looked like a Hasana to me!) and her baby, we started our journey to Wadi (wadi is dried up riverbed found in mountain valleys) Bani Khalid! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment