Wednesday, February 23, 2011

TwentyThree

Day Three in Oman - highlight: Dolphin watching!!



Was very excited to watch some dolphines that morning!
The Marina people were worried & kept reminding us - there were 4 Europeans on the boat with me - that the weather has been a bit nasty, the sea has been a bit choppy and that there was a possibility of NOT seeing any dolphin.
And if there weren't any doplhins, the Captain would take us island hopping


I thought one of these would be the boat that would take us out to the sea, but ... no! ;p


So, out to the sea we went...
I had my fingers crossed the whole time & kept praying that I would see dolphins (yes, plural!)




The Captain told us that 3 days earlier, he had brought other groups of tourists and they didn't have any luck with the dolphins!


We went quite far out and I was SO SO SO thrilled when I saw the first batch of 'em!!!




I wasn't quick enough to click on the Leica; they'd jumped right straight into the water!!!



I promise you, there were a gazillion of them... It was just me, not wanting to see it thru the Leica screen that every time I snap a photo, they were gone!


There must've been a lot of fishes around that area that the dolphins and those birds were fighting each other for 'em!



With Captain Rashid! :)






I didn't feel like leaving the dolphins but I don't think they would want me to stay
(sounds much like my dilemma now - too good to leave, too bad to stay *sigh*)

No comments:

Post a Comment