Saturday, February 12, 2011

Eighteen

Got into Oman at about 9:45am local time. Oman is 4 hours behind Malaysian time, if you're wondering.
Went straight to the hotel.
Checked in, had lunch, and left the afternoon free.

Read about Muscat Festival in the flight magazine.
So, I'd asked (more) about it from the Front Desk & had them booked me a cab to the Festival, at 7pm.

The Muscat Festival starts at 4PM until about 10pm (or is it 11pm?) everyday - if I'm not mistaken. Check out the website & you will see some of the photos here, on my blog, that's exactly on the website, too :)

So, here goes my Day One in Oman - The Muscat Festival



The entrance to the Festival.
I didn't put high expectations prior to entering the Qurum Park, fear of disappointments kalau expect too much



This is where you buy the tickets to get in.
Yes, it's sex segregated



Near the food stalls, I saw this!

I didn't quite get the whole concept of the Festival, actually, because when I first went in, it looked more like a car exhibition with all sort of car brands displaying their vehicles around the park.

My bad for not taking pictures of those cars!

After walking further inside, there were several stages where Russian performers would do some fire-juggling laa, funny dances, some Omani reciting poems la... you know, those sorts.

There is one part of the Festival called The Heritage Village
I would say it was the most "happening" area of the Festival.
The Heritage Village is supposed to give you an idea of what Omani villages are like in the olden days (OK, I got this from one of the Omani ladies who was also visiting the Festival that night)

Enjoy the tour around the Heritage Village! :)

As you enter the Heritage Village (I'm just gonna type HV from now on! Typing this entry whilst laying down on the bed isn't exactly easy ... another word for: I am actually too lazy to type H-E-R-I-T-A-G-E-spacebar-V-I-L-L-A-G-E! ;p)you would see this!



And this... I really didn't know what they were singing & dancing about... but it looked like fun!



These camels are for riding and I was dying to ride on them but I thought, since I was going to the desert, I would ride a camel in the desert! Macam lagi fun-kan?

One portion of the HV has all makcik cooking (Omani?) food and selling them.




I am the adventurous type that I would taste the local food wherever I travel to, whatever they may be - for as long as it's halal-la kan - so, I was eager to taste these delicacies but none of the 'makciks' could speak English (so I couldn't buy from them) OR, they were just too busy cooking, they just ignored me! *grin*

2 comments:

  1. hey!

    I know who u r..dexter owner!

    hehe..thanks for a comment at my blog..at least i know u still blogging..u missing in action for almost 3 month..where have you been?

    By the way..take care..enjoy the life while you still can.."wink"

    p/ s : Don't ask for a lighter load, but pray god for a stronger back..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for dropping by, Mr Sesiput! :)

    i'd missed blogging & i miss The Choo Choo Train so much!!

    but, thewisekid is here to stay, FOREVER!!! :)

    ReplyDelete