Friday, February 11, 2011

Seventeen


I love chickpeas!
I bought some from this 'makcik' who doesn't speak English.
Lucky thing, the guy next to me - no, I didn't take his photo - could, so he translated my purchase for me :)







I stood there for some time and waited for the 'lembu' to do his demonstration with the sugar cane .... nope, nope *shaking head slowly* no luck!

The 'lembu' just stared at me, waiting for me to snap a picture of him & get the hell out of his face!



... if looks could kill! ...

After I'd snapped this picture & reviewed it at that very moment, I felt like I had to buy all those 'kain' in front of her!



See how 'meriah' these ladies' bajus are!
Nak duduk menjahit jeh tau, baju sikit punyeh glam ke!



Of all the activities in the Heritage Village, this was my favorite!
Maybe, it brought back memories of 'tadarus' (not bad, huh, I remember the word 'tadarus'! ;p) in TKC before or during those mengaji class I had when I was wee :)




This is probably the traditional Omani 'congkak'


In a glance, this guy does look like he is ... apa tuh namanyeh? ha, duduk antara dua sujud in front of his catch of the day, no?



You can buy those fresh fish and bring it this dude, just behind the duduk-antara-dua-sujud guy, and have your fishes grilled on the spot.
Probably, this is the Omani-version of "FAST" food?
You never know.




This looks like our local dodol. Even the huge 'kawah' looks similar!

No comments:

Post a Comment