Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sixty

2nd Day in BKK
Itinerary:
1. Floating Market
2. Reclining Buddha Temple <-- next entry! stay tuned for the update! ;p
3. & all other touristy thingys! :)

Was told that the tour will start early morning & that no shorts or/and sleeveless are allowed to the temples. So, kena pakai pakaian yang menutup aurat! ;p

Anyways, I was (again!) very excited to do all the touristy stuff...
Woke up early - only can do that whilst holidaying abroad! Mainly because hotel includes breakfast! hehehe! - and didn't mind it
Waited for the tour guide who turned up late - she met with a minor accident - but she was very nice!
Her name is Supa! :)

The floating market was about an hour journey from Lebua State Tower







The wee boats looked dubious at first but we survived! :p

First Buddha I saw since I got to BKK!



The boat ride to the floating market was quite a distant... made me wonder who would go through the trouble just to go to the market...


Whoa! Tong gas on a wobbly wee boat? *cover eyes!*


This fruit-seller aunty must have had that corner for the longest time




Quite frankly, I was a tad disappointed when I saw the floating market
I don't know what I was expecting exactly but from pictures & postcards, I thought the market was bigger!
Nonetheless, the organized chaos - especially when all the boats berlanggar-langgar - totally awed me! Fantastic! :)


As much a durian lover I am, I didn't try 'em when I was in BKK



... And I thought tong gas on a wee boat was scary!
One whole kuali-load of minyak panas on a very wobbly wee boat was O-M-G !!!
But, the goreng pisang was yummy, I tell you! :)


And on the other side of the bridge... Could that be my long lost boa python, Batik, on the guy's shoulders? Hmmmmphhh....



2 comments:

  1. Hi!..

    still remember u leave ur comment at my blog...

    http://ibetterbe.blogspot.com/2010/07/sy-gemuk-sila-jgn-kwn-dgn-saya.html

    just wondering what you do today... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI MR SESIPUT!*wave*

    I just revisited your blog to read that post! :)
    WOW!
    How've you been?

    Anyway, selamat berpuasa :)

    ReplyDelete